December 27, 2012

Untitled: Part 6


"Ahh... Excuse me."

It was a herculean task, but I was glad I didn't die saying that. I have never really understood why talking to pretty girls is so much difficult that you have to sum up all the courage in your guts to utter just 2 words?

...But she didn't respond.

"Excuse me miss!", I exclaimed this time with a stronger tone. This time, she looked at me.

"It may not be right to ask like this, but I have been noticing for the past some time that something is bothering you". Of course, I didn't mention the bus stop episode.

She looked surprised and confused. Hesitatingly she said, "No... No it's nothing". The rest of face made it pretty clear that her lips were lying.

"Well I know I am a stranger, but I have learnt in my life that it's easier to share your difficulties with strangers. Who knows I may be able to help you out", I said to her with a calm expression.

"'I have learnt in my life' crap? Seriously? That's what you could come up with?", I punched myself on the face, in my mind.

Now she really looked startled. I was also hoping that no one else in this bus would have understood the English conversation I just had. But to my utter bad luck, half of the crowd was now staring at us, making me nervous more than her. 

"Damn you educated people!". I tried to maintain my composed stature. She wanted to say something but she stopped herself, as if trying to contain a damaged dam.

To ease-out her uneasiness I uttered, "Well if you still don't want to share, that's perfectly alright, I understand. Any ways, just as a conversation starter, would you like to tell where are you going?"

 She took a small pause and collected herself. "I am going to meet my aunt in Ve*******nam".

I did not hear the last word properly, these bloody unpronounceable names of the places here.

 "Oh really! I am going at the same place. My friend lives there." Amazed at how easily those lies came out of my mouth, I continued, "By the way, my name is Ritendra. My friends call me Rids. And what would your name be?".

She smiled and replied. "My name is Anna. Get up Anna."

"WHAT??!".


*  *   *   *  *


"Anna. Get up Anna! Anna!...", the 'uncle' whom I had pushed aside before, was trying to wake me up. He was wiry- but not as much as me-, had a small moustache over his coal-black face. Wearing plain pant-shirt and old fashioned specs, and even more old fashioned hair-style, he looked like he has come from 1980s.

"Oh, what happened to me". I blabbered with an inaudible voice.  The man did not reply but helped me get up.
I figured that when the driver hit the brake abruptly, I must have fell down hard and blacked out for a moment.

"Oh, so all that conversation was a dream?", a deep sense of pain ran through my guts. I quickly glanced over the seat across me. SHE WASN'T THERE

Half of the bus was now empty, but the bus seemed to have not moved from its position. I heard a commotion going on outside the bus, but I still did not know what the hell had happened. And more importantly, where on earth, did the girl go?


6 comments:

  1. Clever.. It again holds till the last moment. Ritendra a.k.a is Cool. On a funny note, Do you know where the hell is this story actually going? :D
    What my quirky mind can think of is that the girl might have taken a lift on another bus & is in serious danger of getting raped. Run , Save her.
    As part time writers, its our duty to provide girls with safety atleast in fiction if not in reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had to give some name to the protagonist so to avoid him being RavS ;)

      Well that's not a funny note, that's pretty serious note, I actually do not know where this story is going!! I am just writing it post by post :D

      but for the sake of a budding writer, I hope the end does not turn out to be dud :)

      The girl is not in Delhi, she is in some town of Deccan India. I am pretty hopeful she will be safe :)

      Delete
  2. well jst read all ur untitled parts....n wat i have just noticed is that u missed part 4....
    n yes i m feeling really frustrated after reading this.....becoz i dont knw howmuch i will have to wait to read this gluing whole story.....
    .
    .
    .
    awesome yaar u really rocks!!!!!(for now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Srijan, that means a lot to me! And hearing those encouraging words, I would try to post the next instalment as soon as possible!

      Regarding Part 4: Well actually I didn't miss it, It was a prologue, so you can consider Part 4 as Part 0!

      It's there in the blog. Although I will do the necessary work so that all the parts are connected properly. Thanks again :)

      Delete
  3. "My name is Anna. Get up Anna." hahaha awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete